Here is the second article in our series titled “You are our Hero” for older children. Please download the article and share with your older kids as well as those from your neighborhood. It has a medley of behaviors to enrich their lives and be appreciated by their families.
Hello boys and girls,
I am back with a new article with a list of special behaviors meant for Heroes like you. Hope you will practice them much to the surprise and appreciation of your family! Here goes:
- Designate a place for each of your possession and maintain it.
- Pack your school bag and lay out your uniform and accessories for the next day, before you go to sleep each day.
- At mealtime:
*Help mom/dad to lay the table before and help clean up later.
*Wash and wipe your hands before and after completing the meals.
*Encourage your little sibling to do the same.
- Whenever the need arises look out for your little brother/sister. Help them learn a new task such as putting on shoes. If they are sad, read a storybook with them.
- Designate “Mother’s time and Father’s time maybe once a fortnight. You can take help from your siblings/others and make your parents feel special on that day. E.g. Give them a treat or do something that pleases them.
- Once a month, urge your family members to have a look around each nook and cranny of the house for litter/junk and misplaced items. Attend to them in consultation with each other.
- Urge your family to have regular family meetings without fail. If necessary, designate a day. Every member should take part and bring in their points for discussion. This is the time for you to share about anything troubling you or that needs urgent attention. Remember your parents and family love you, and are there to offer help, whenever you need it.
- Once in a while urge your mom to make a healthy dish, which later, you can make independently, under her supervision. Write the recipe with ingredients and steps for making the dish, in a notebook. Whenever the need arises, you can just pull out a dish of your choice and prepare it.
So, Heroes when are you going to start to implement these behaviors?
Note: – Our next article will have a little bigger role for you. Wait for it.
Happy action packed days, guys!