This is the first article out of 4, in a Series titled “You are our Hero”. The articles are for your older child.
So please download it and share with him/her and as many older children as possible in your neighborhood. Here goes:
Hello girls and boys,
I love children and have worked with many of them in my Profession as a Teacher. I have written 4 articles just for you. This is the first one article, called “Caring and Sharing in Family.”
I know your family already loves you very much. Now, show them how you will be earning the title of “Hero”.
I have put down some ideas for you to put into practice if you are not doing it already. Feel free to add more things you can do for being the Hero.
Being independent and alert
- Wake up and do your daily routine tasks without constant reminders. If possible keep a bedtime alarm clock. You can keep alarms in old mobile phones for important reminders.
- Save in your piggy bank to buy something for your family and yourself.
- Memorize 2 to 3 important phone numbers to contact your parents in case of an emergency.
- Never open doors to strangers especially if you are alone at home/in the drawing room.
- Never share with anyone, important, personal and family information like your family routine, finances, other, without consulting your parents.
- Make a “To do” list to help you remember what tasks are to be done. Tick on each task as you complete it. You will be proud of yourself when you complete all tasks on the list.
Caring and sharing in family
- Your little brother and sister are learning everyday. Don’t’ forget to help them in little things like :
*Concept of right and left especially when putting on shoes.
*How to tidy up after playtime is over.
*Any thing else you can think of.
- If your little sibling is about to hit you for any reason, quickly hold his hand/s first and tell him/her that you don’t like that behavior. It is important to solve problems by talking. Adult help must be sought when things get beyond your control.
- If someone is sick in the family always inquire about their well being and ask them if you can do anything for them. If someone is very sick you can give them a get well card which you have made by yourself.
- To help keep your house neat and tidy, leave 2 or 3 baskets/bins/other, at strategic places in the house. Put all similar things in each basket. Later help transfer each item to its right place. Remember to throw away junk right away.
Note: – Our next article will be on Heroes doing special things.
See you later